Muenster ISD believes that the education of all students should be a partnership between the school and the parent community. As parents are their child’s first teachers, they play an essential role in the success of students.
2023-2024 PK Tuition & Meal Prices (as of June 2023)
Muenster Elementary offers a Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten program. This program is free for those who qualify based on the list below. For those who do not qualify for tuition assistance, see the tuition fees link above. Registration for PK opens in mid-spring (March/April) for the following school year. For questions about enrollment, please contact the Muenster Elementary Office, 940.759.2281 ext. 621. For more information about enrollment and registration go to: https://www.muensterisd.net/Page/2708
The Muenster ISD Board of Trustees believes that the pre-kindergarten program gives four-year old students a valuable opportunity for a head start in their education.
To be eligible for enrollment in a free prekindergarten class, a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the national school lunch program... guidelines about NSLP eligibility can be found in sections 4 and 6 of the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Administrators Reference Manual)
- is homeless, as defined by 42 USC, §11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Family Code §262.201 or has been in foster care in another state or territory, but currently lives in Texas
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
Since the school district receives funds based upon eligible students, all parents are asked to complete the National Breakfast/Lunch Free/Reduced program form at the time of registration.
If a school district has 15 or more students that meet the eligibility criteria, the school district must offer a pre-kindergarten program.
The 77th Legislature passed Senate Bill 596, which allows a school district to offer a pre-kindergarten program for ineligible students on a tuition basis.
Based upon Senate Bill 596, the Muenster ISD Board establishes a tuition rate for each school year. The tuition for students is due on the first day of school for August and by the seventh of the month thereafter.
My School Bucks is an online payment service that provides parents with the ability to securely pay for tuition and meals, monitor student cafeteria purchases, and receive email notifications for low account balances. Pre-K Tuition can also be paid in advance by check or cash. Please place payment in an envelope with his/her name on it, so it can be credited to the correct account.
There will not be any refunds for absentees.
Our lunch system is computerized. Please place payment in an envelope with his/her name on it, so it can be credited to the correct account. You will receive a notice (in a backpack) when he/she is out of money. If your child brings a lunch from home but wants a milk from the cafeteria, the cost is 60 cents.
For more information, please contact our Elementary Principal, Debra Sicking (call 759-2281 ext 620 or email email@example.com).