Proof of Residency
Muenster ISD requires families provide proof of residency each year as a final step in the annual registration process. All MISD campuses will utilize an online form for parents and guardians to submit one of the accepted documents. This program is intended to reduce paper waste, improve accuracy and save time for both parents and campus staff.
If you have more than one student attending MISD, you will need to submit proof of residency for each student individually. Once submitted, your proof of residency will be reviewed by campus staff to verify it meets one of the requirements listed below. If it is not accepted, you will be contacted for further information.
- A copy of a current (current or previous month) utility bill (electric, gas or water) which shows the current usage and physical address of the property of residence.
- A current lease showing the date of occupancy, address of residence, signature of lessee and signature of lessor (valid for 30 days until a utility bill is available).
- If you have recently purchased your home, a copy of the closing papers will suffice until a utility bill is available to reproduce (within 30 days).
- If you contract to build a home, you must provide a contract or letter from the builder on official letterhead showing a projected closing date during the school year of enrollment, builder's signature, physical street address and the names of the buyers.
- If you are living with a relative or friend in the MISD attendance zone, an affidavit must be completed, notarized and returned to the school office along with a current utility bill. The homeowner's name listed on the affidavit must match the name on the utility bill.
- Students living apart from parents—Refer to Policy FDB (LOCAL).
Proof of Residency can be uploaded during the registration process in Ascender. While the electronic process is preferred, MISD campuses will continue to accept proof of residency in-person. Please contact the campus office directly for alternate submission options.
Please note the enrollment process will not be complete until this documentation has been received. Students will not be placed on a class list or receive course enrollment information until it has been provided. Students who are unable to produce documentation to verify residency in the Muenster ISD may not be able to attend a Muenster ISD school and will be subject to withdrawal. Residence requires living in the district and having the present intention to remain there.
Please refer to the Proof of Residence Guardian FAQs for further assistance.
Presenting a false record or falsifying records is an offense under Section 37.10, Penal code, and enrollment of the child under false documents subjects the person to liability for tuition or other costs. TEC Sec. 25.002(3)(d).