Muenster ISD Campus Procedures Related to COVID-19
Return to Learn Screenings
- MISD will require teachers and staff to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming onto campus each day. The self-screening will include teachers and staff taking their own temperature. Teachers and staff must report to the school system if they themselves have COVID-19 symptoms or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, and, if so, they must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry as noted below. Additionally, they must report to the school system if they have had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, as defined at the end of this document, and, if so, must remain off campus until the 14-day incubation period has passed.
Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school, on campus, if the child has COVID-19 symptoms or is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, and instead should opt to receive remote instruction until the below conditions for re-entry are met. Parents may also opt to have their students receive remote instruction if their child has had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19 until the 14-day incubation period has passed. MISD may consider screening students for COVID-19 as well. Screening is accomplished by asking questions by phone or other electronic methods and/or in person.
- At Muenster Elementary, when students are dropped off, they will go directly to their classrooms instead of congregating in the gym. Identifying Possible COVID-19 Cases on Campus, MISD will immediately separate any student who shows COVID-19 symptoms while at school until the student can be picked up by a parent or guardian. MISD will clean the areas used by the individual who shows COVID-19 symptoms while at school (student, teacher, or staff) as soon as is feasible. Students who report feeling feverish will be given an immediate temperature check to determine if they are symptomatic for COVID-19.
Before visitors are allowed on campuses, MISD must screen all visitors to determine if the visitors have COVID-19 symptoms or are lab-confirmed with COVID-19, and, if so, they must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry. MISD will screen to determine if visitors have had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, and, if so, they must remain off campus until the 14-day incubation period has passed. When practical, screening questions could be supplemented with temperature checks of adults.
In evaluating whether an individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, consider the following:
Have they recently begun experiencing any of the following in a way that is not normal for them?
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
- Nausea or vomiting
Symptoms updated on 8/5/20
Muenster ISD will follow the latest CDC guidelines and TEA guidance. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact MISD.