November 3, 2020
Due to recent increases in cases, we are REQUIRING masks for students in ALL grades levels including non-medical grade disposable face masks or cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth). Full-face shields may be used in place of a mask to protect eyes, nose, and mouth whenever a mask is not feasible or whenever the educational context may benefit from the ability to see an individual’s full face.
Although previously we had only encouraged face coverings in PK-3, we now are requiring students in pre-K through third grade to wear face coverings. Students in PK & K have face shields provided by the district that stay at school. Parents may send their child in a cloth face covering to school, but the teacher may ask that the child wear a face shield while at school to help with learning & understanding. We will provide disposable paper masks, but we ask that students come to school in a reusable face covering. We will continue to have all students (PK-12) wear a mask during the entirety of the time they are riding a school bus or indoors. Students will not have to wear face coverings during active play at outdoor recess or while eating at lunch.
The reasoning behind this new encouragement has to do with the “close contact” guidelines. If we mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by wearing face coverings, we will be less likely to have to shut down an entire classroom due to a positive COVID-19 case.
We appreciate your cooperation with these guidelines and recommendations so we can continue to offer in-person learning at Muenster ISD.
Muenster ISD Superintendent
- Full school day, Mon-Fri, 7:55 to 3:30 everyday including Mondays
- Understanding students/staff could transition to remote quickly, due to a positive COVID-19 case
- Face coverings for all students 4th - 12th and all staff
- Elementary students (PreK-6) will follow a typical schedule with homeroom groups requiring some alterations.
- JH/HS (7-12) students will follow their schedules with alterations made.
- All classes will adjust for distancing with such things as masks and limited group size.
- School visits from community and parents will be limited and/or restricted.
- Limited bus capacity
- Water fountains closed - students will need to bring a water bottle
For the 2020-2021 school-year, students participating in UIL, FFA, FCCLA, and all other extracurricular events must be in attendance in on-campus instruction to participate in these events. Students choosing remote distance learning shall be ineligible for extracurricular participation.
In the event that Muenster High School or Muenster Elementary School Campus is required to close due to COVID 19, all extracurricular events for that campus will be cancelled or postponed.
Board Adopted: August 4, 2020
Muenster ISD will follow the latest CDC guidelines and TEA guidance. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact MISD.