What is Canvas?
is the Learning Management System (LMS) that Muenster ISD uses to provide online and blended learning opportunities. All students have a Canvas account. If a teacher has course content in Canvas, the student will automatically have access to the class on their Canvas Dashboard. If a parent would like viewing rights to the course, please contact Carol Cook, email@example.com.
What’s an LMS? An LMS is a web-based software application that delivers instruction in an online format. Students can work through content anywhere by simply logging on from a computer or mobile device. Instructors can administer, differentiate and manage instructional content, assess and identify individual learning needs, track student progress, and report student growth.
How Do I Log Into My Canvas Course?
All students and teachers have a Canvas account that is linked to the Google login.
1. Login to Google with your Muenster ISD Google account by clicking SIGN IN (top right corner of google.com).
2. Go to www.muensterisd.net and click on the Canvas LMS link or go to https://muensterisd.instructure.com
3. If you are prompted, login using your Google email address and password. Click authorize or allow if prompted as well.
4. Select and click on the correct course from the dashboard.
5. Click on Modules on the left side of screen for assignments.
Where Can I Get Help with Canvas?
- Tech Support: Email Carol Cook, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas Guides: The Canvas Community has lots of helpful guides that explain everything you need to know for navigating the site and using the tools.