Business & Information Management
Grade Placement: 8-12 Prerequisite: None Credit: 1
This course is approved for Technology Applications credit.
Unit I: Business Communications (MS Word, Google Docs)
Unit II: Desktop Publishing & Graphics Imaging (MS Publisher, GIMP)
Unit III: Spreadsheets (MS Excell, Google Sheets)
Unit IV: Databases (MS Access)
Unit V: Presentation Technologies (MS PowerPoint)
Unit VI: Capstone Projects
In addition to specific units of study listed above, students also explore and learn about Digital Literacy. We cover the following topics:
- Browsers and Branding
- Social Media
- Online Safety and Privacy
- Online Community and Citizenship
- Search Engines and Strategies
- Using and Citing Online Sources
- The Digital Future
Finally, students learn about the value of a dollar through Financial Literacy. Banzai! Online Financial course explores many life scenarios that we all experience:
- Checking Account Management
- Savings Accounts
- Credit Scores, Credit Reports, Debit and Credit Cards and Financial Responsibility
- Identity Theft
- Gross Pay, Net Pay and Salary Withholding including FICA, Social Security, Dues, etc.
- College Planning
- Maintaining Rent,Automobile, Living, Utilities and other Expenses
- Dining, Entertainment and other Discretionary Spending Habits
This is course designed to help students gain skills in Business Communications using technologies such as Word Processing, Desktop Publishing, Spreadsheets, Presentation Skills, and Databases.
Students implement personal and interpersonal skills to strengthen individual performance in the workplace and in society and make a successful transition to the workforce and postsecondary education. Students apply technical skills to address business applications of emerging technologies, create word-processing documents, develop a spreadsheet, formulate a database, and make an electronic presentation using appropriate software.